Saturday, August 22, 2015

Arsenic Lobster poem! + Writing Happiness + Music!

Hey everyone!
Arsenic Lobster just published one of my poems: Check it out here: http://arseniclobster.magere.com/380301.html

A huge thanks to Arsenic Lobster for publishing my work. It's a great journal, so you should definitely check out some of their other entries. I have a lot of respect for their quality and creativity. It's also just a lot of fun to look at the artwork and layout of the journal. It means a lot to me to have my work featured there, and to see all the wonderful things they have published :)

I'd also like to take a moment to say how happy I am right now, with both my writing and my life in general. I'm now officially writing as a columnist for The Trinitonian, my school's newspaper, while also continuing to work on my poetry and fiction, plus some plays. There were some very rough moments, but in the end, pushing forward made all the difference. Inspiration has nestled itself in the palm of my hand, and I don't think it will be leaving anytime soon. Just keep on writing! Everything you want is within your reach. What matters is that you go and get it. Reach for it, work for it...and it will be yours.

To end for the day, here's some music. I'm starting to open up more about the kind of music that I listen to, and it's been so rewarding to find other people who respect, and even share, my tastes.

https://youtu.be/clKAdQnwJ7A

Feel free to share your musical inspirations! Rob Thomas and Matchbox 20 have given me some amazing inspiration for my writing. There are other bands which have also inspired me greatly, such as Lifehouse, Goo Goo Dolls, James Blunt and Christina Perri. Simon and Garfunkel are pretty awesome too. Getting back to the piano -- to Scarlatti, Lyadov and more -- is also nice. It's been a wonderful past couple of weeks. :)

Have a great weekend!

<3
Courtney

No comments :

Post a Comment