Friday, March 25, 2016

A Talented Drummer & More Work Getting Published!!

Hello all!!

I'm very excited to say that another one of my poems is getting published, as well as one of my short stories!! My poem "Five a.m. and a new friend" will be published online and distributed at select physical locations through the journal poems2go in late April. Then, my short story "Just Rhiannon" will be published in The Trinity Review in print and online in early May (maybe late April). I'm very excited for you to read both!! As always, many thanks to my family, friends, professors, and everyone who has supported my work and helped me to improve it, whether through workshops, advice, or encouragement. :)

"Five a.m. and a new friend" is about a late night, early morning kind of experience that taught me about loving others and myself. "Just Rhiannon" shows a young girl dealing with a tragic event in her family, and how it shapes her in the future.

Just to recap: I've had two of my poems published so far. If you haven't read them yet, check them out at these links:

https://eunoiareview.wordpress.com/2015/07/27/petition-on-a-concrete-bench-saturday/

http://arseniclobster.magere.com/archive/issuethirtyeight/380301.html

I'll post the links to my forthcoming story and poem as soon as possible!

I've really been getting into nonfiction writing lately, so I'm looking forward to hopefully getting my essays published. It's been such a pleasure and release to be writing about my life. My writing has helped me to make sense of a lot of things, especially in this genre. In the near future, I'll post some snippets of my nonfiction, as well as some of my poetry and fiction.


While you're reading, I'd also like to ask you for a favor on behalf of a very talented friend of mine. Her name is Pauline, and she is a multi-talented, perseverant, and utterly amazing human being. She has been making some wonderful music in her native Argentina and is now in this year's Hit Like A Girl contest. Here's her entry video:

http://www.hitlikeagirlcontest.com/under-18/entry/pauline-roberts-2016

As a writer and musician, I'm always in search of inspirational music, and I've found Pauline's work to be outstanding. She is young and energetic, full of potential and innate talent. I hope her story will inspire you to pursue your dreams.


More entries to come in the near future!! In the meantime, you should like my Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/courtneyjustuswriter/


<3
Courtney Justus

No comments :

Post a Comment