Wednesday, June 4, 2014

More book details!

Hello there! If you're reading this, I'd like to say thank you :) I appreciate the page views and support!

I recently attended an intensive workshop on writing and publishing your book, and it was everything I had hoped for and more. The speakers were great, and I had an amazing time. This gave me hope that I may get published the traditional way, perhaps even sooner than I first thought! YAY!

While creating an overview of my book some days ago, I decided to modify the title slightly. It's still very similar to the one I already posted, but it's only my "working title"; it might change if I go into traditional publishing. (But the main speaker said he liked my title, so I think I will get to keep it :) )

Anyway, I'd like to tell you guys more about my book. It starts in the year 2002 and quickly fast forwards to 2011. Christine, the main character, is sixteen years old. She's been longing to be more than friends with her neighbor, Sebastian, for a while now. They are very close friends, and Christine has faith that they can take things to the next level, even with his parents.


Occasionally, when his parents are out somewhere during the night, he'll sneak over to my place to hang out for a while. Sometimes, when the sky is clear, we'll take some pillows out onto the roof and look at the stars. We talk a lot on those nights. Sometimes I just don't want it to end.
This quote is from the second chapter. It is prone to change with editing and all, but the essence of the passage shall remain the same ;) (However, this is still copyrighted!)

I'll be posting more info on my book in the days to come. Feel free to let me know what you think! I would love to hear your opinions on any of my posts.

Best to you all and happy summer break!

;),
Courtney

No comments :

Post a Comment